 Off-Topic / Debate / 13473
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:08:45 GMT

Maybe the card itself is not a civil rights violations, but the many
activities for which they will use such a thing are.  First, if I'm required
to disply my shiny new Federal ID, I consider it unreasonable search.

I'm missing something in this--do you mean if you're required to display
it (wearing it on your lapel) or produce it on command (hey you, show me
your ID)?  Either would be objectionable, I agree, but I'm curious about
which you meant specifically.

Well, produce it on command is what I meant.  Though, having to wear it is
even creepier.  "Hi, my name is Chris!"

This whole idea makes me very edgy.

Just wait until they start implanting chips in newborns!

Yeah.  I don't want _them_ implanting chips in newborns.  OTOH, if there are
nifty chips that we can implant to improve ourselves, I'm all for that...but
not normally in newly birthed nonconsenting humans.

Chris