 Off-Topic / Debate / 13347
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:47:44 GMT

Scott A wrote:
Not at all.  If one makes mistakes (and we all have), must one feel bound to
continue making those same mistakes just because they once did?

Why not fix the mistakes 1st, before starting a new mess?

Because one can't afford to fix every mistake one has ever made. Do you
think the UK should fix all of the mistakes it made with it's
colonialism? Who is going to fix the mistakes the Romans made with their
colonialism (after all, some of our modern troubles do derive from those
mistakes)? Who's going to fix the mistakes that prehistoric man almost
certainly made that we have very little idea about, but which certainly
had ramifications still being felt today?

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com