 Off-Topic / Debate / 1302
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:15:08 GMT

To truly believe that it is valid, workable, or moral means that your
morals are flawed, as you have no respect whatever for property rights.
As you may recall at the time of the great RTL price tag debate, my
standing on this point is rather firm and unalterable. All rights are
property rights and anyone who claims that they have the right to
redistribute my property or anyone else's property as they see fit
("according to need") is morally flawed. Until and unless you repudiate
this evil morality, we have no basis for discussion. Come and get my
property, if you think you're tough enough.

I have a huge problem with this inane argument.  Larry is avoiding the basic
issue and circumventing it with property gibberish.

It is simply this - all Doctors take a Hypocratic oath - that they will provide
medical service irregardless of the ability of the patient to pay for that
service.  The intention of that oath guarantees service to those that cannot
afford it.  From his arguements, one could only presume that all Doctors must
be Libertarians as defined by Larry.

Larry's view of the entire world as property - his property - sounds infinitely
more red-neck Republican than Libertarian.  That is morally flawed.  From the
opinions he has stated above, and in other posts in this topic, if those in
need of medical service cannot pay for their own healthcare, then die and
reduce the surplus population because there is no way he is going to let anyone
take a red cent from him to allow them to live.

Thank you Scrooge Pieniazek