 Off-Topic / Debate / 12914
Re: This God thing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 20:37:51 GMT

James Simpson wrote:

(1) This issue of women remaining silent in church et al is in some respects one
of the most attacked straw men of Pauline wisdom.

I have heard others criticise Paul in a similar way, basically saying that his
ranting is not necessarily representative of what Jesus would have preached... but
that I suppose is as much interpretation as anything else.

Which I think is the point of the original text in this thread - it is targeted
towards those who insist on a literal interpretation of the Bible as opposed to
those who use it in an interpretative manner for moral, spiritual and life
guidance. I think posters to this thread have demonstrated this exceptionally well.

Jennifer