 Off-Topic / Debate / 12631
    Re: War —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I am comfortable with being a world saviour in the sense that we set a good example to the rest of the world on how to do things and how be free (imperfect, but better than, say, Syria), but not in the sense of being the world's policeman. We (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: War —Lawrence Wilkes
      "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJM51s.HFz@lugnet.com... (...) Larry, where do you fundamentally disagree with me on many levels? When have we had disagreements? I hope you were not reading my earlier reply as my (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: War —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) LW it's with regard to some old threads, some things were said by you there that I did fundamentally disagree with. If I get time I will go back and respond in a bit more detail. Also you do have a tendency to view Britain as above reproach (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: War —James Brown
      (...) I rarely agree with Larry a whole lot, but my reactions are almost 100% the same. The first response to terrorists is to refuse to be terrified. The second response is to destroy their ability to terrorize. If someone is pointing a gun at me, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: War —Lawrence Wilkes
      "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJMFCE.LKt@lugnet.com... (...) Larry. Peace. We are on the same side. I admitted I was wrong to flame Greg, he has admitted he might have worded his post better. It is all to easy, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: War —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Yes. Peace. ++Lar (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: War —Scott Arthur
   (...) Rather than saviour perhaps you should use “role model”. The problem with that is that everyone version of “civilisation” is not necessarily the same. (...) They problem is that they view the USA as the aggressor. For them, the USA went to war (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)