 Off-Topic / Debate / 12594
  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

Richard, what specifically are the other ideas? You are being vague. What are you expecting to postpone? This is a life and death matter. There will be another attack. (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Gee, I hate to go all warm and fuzzy on you... ...but how about we give peace a chance? <3 -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Yeah, and how exactly do we give peace a chance? What does that mean, just keep waving our fingers at these groups and the governments that fund, train, harbor, and protect them? Take it on the chin again and ask one government or another to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) And which government do you think has funded them and trained them? Which country's special forces trained Bin Laden in military and guerilla tactics? Which country trained the Iraqi troops? Which nation provides the most funds to the IRA? (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Bin Laden was a part of the Mujahedin guerilla, fighting the Soviet troops as they tried to invade Afghanistan. Key members of the Mujahedin guerilla where trained by the CIA, and rather successfully, too. They did hold off the Soviet troops (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) We gave peace a chance. Then two commercial airliners hit the twin WTC buildings. If you are suggesting we forget about it and "give peace a chance", hoping peace prevails and nothing happens again...thats downright confusing to me. We are not (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Let's see...1993-attempted bombing of WTC. Our Response: give peace a chance. 1999-twin bombing of US Embassys in Africs Our response: give peace a chance. 2000-The wanton destruction of the USS Cole Our Response: give peace a chance. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Peace! (was Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

Dave: I think some of you may be confusing "give peace a chance" with doing absolutely nothing and taking it on the chin. I am not advocating that at all. I absolutely think it's time we take a long hard look at the air transportation industry and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Peace! (was Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

(...) Good. We've done enough of that already, and frankly I'm tired of it. (...) Agreed. Security is a large issue here. My brother-in-law work for Delta Airlines and I could tell you some amazing stries about lax security, but I don't see any (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)