 Off-Topic / Debate / 12528
Re: Terrorist Attacks on America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 02:39:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:
Ross Crawford wrote:
And maybe there'll be a few million more innocent people killed before • everyone
suddenly realises it hasn't made any difference. Is terrorism OK when
sanctioned by GWB? You really think it will stop others retaliating?

I don't coun't an attack on terrorists as terrorism.

Why not?

can you really compare an attack on a terrorist training camp to an attack
on civilians?

Yes, I can. They're all people, even if they may be somewhat mis-guided.

Trouble is, Bush seems to be saying he wants to retaliate against anyone who
harbours terrorists. And how do they decide who are the terrorists and who's
helping them? Answer: They make an informed guess. They don't mind if they make
a few mistakes, thats just "collateral damage". But to the people targetted,
it's murdering innocent people, just like the WTC. And if the US can retaliate,
why shouldn't they?

You are right though, retaliating won't stop terrorism, it would just make
it harder.

How do you figure that????

That's a good thing though.  But increased security can help prevent such
things from happening, and that's something even the pacificists can agree on.

Now you've changed the discussion to "increased security"? Where did that come
from? I didn't hear anything about that in Bush's speeches.

ROSCO