 Off-Topic / Debate / 12452
Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 02:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
snip snip snip

  I discovered this page, written by a librarian:

  http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/tyrants.htm

  And it's actually quite eloquent.  He points out how hard it is to
  compare the monsters, to gauge intent, and to tally results.
  His numbers are pretty defensible on the whole, especially on Mao.
  The whole site, while not big on flash and graphics, makes for
  some really, really, REALLY sobering reading--and he gives his
  sources quite clearly.  Read the US litany anytime you're feeling
  *too* triumphalist...;)

I really enjoyed the scope of this guy's work: lots of comparison and
synthesis, mostly from a global perspective. His fun stuff is neat too -- I
particularly liked the alternative history of Moslem Australia.
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/index.htm

--DaveL