 Off-Topic / Debate / 12413
RE: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:45:34 GMT

Greg Perry writes:
The same applies to the higher grade marts - K-, Wal- and Target.
Virtually everything in those stores are Made in China and is
often just junk.

Ironically, your favorite toy is sold by all three of those chains,
alongside its inferior Canadian competitor... You probably get your storage
containers there too (I do).

Of course, that leads me into thinking about the rampant
consumerism of my own society, but that's a bummer for another week...

Rampant consumerism...you mean like the average AFOL buying any LEGO set on
sale? Just had to point out a bit of hypocrisy...
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://bldesign.org/