 Off-Topic / Debate / 12249
  Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen

(...) Sounds kind of freaky. I've never been much of a novel reader so I'll probably never get to it. But I imagine the author's choice to use little tykes as protagonists serves his commentary on modern societal values (or lack of)? (...) "South (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen

(...) Mark the above sentence as "exhibit A" (...) It's not "freaky". Really. Trust me. I won't go into why, except to say you would have to read it, and accept the premises. (...) That's unfortunate. I suspect that these novels would not translate (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen

(...) snip (...) Isn't it very easy to mislead adults too? Aren't adults the one who mislead children? What if an older child mislead a younger one? Who is *really* to blame? I'd personally say propaganda, issued either by the news (CNN comes to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen

(...) Card is writing the screen play for Enders Game as a current project. IIRC, he has scrapped the project a couple of times because of movie-company constraints and is keeping insanely tight control. I suspect A) it will never be made or B) it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen

(...) Although I prefer B), I am OK with A) as long as we don't get "C) it will be a travesty of the original work the way most SF movies are". (...) I'd go with "nothing" except both involve apparent humans. I tried saying that twice, actually, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)