 Off-Topic / Debate / 12156
Re: Shiri - A one time thing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:29:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Paul Sinasohn writes:

I haven't seen any reasonable arguements other than 'that's how we voted to >> do it'.

Then you simply haven't been reading.  The reasons have been hashed over again
and again.  If you care what they are, feel free to look up several other
threads where they have been stated.

I'll go further than that. (and yes, I am butting in too) If a membership of
a private organization votes to do things a certain way, that *in and of itself*
is reasonable, no matter *what* reasons they chose for voting that way.
Freedom to associate includes freedom not to associate, for whatever reason.

You're free to associate or not with that organization, as you choose. As
long as there are no legal barriers to entry for competing organizations,
with different policies, to form, you have no beef whatever, even if you
live locally. Which you and I don't.

++Lar