 Off-Topic / Debate / 11976
Re: National vote on handguns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 04:11:30 GMT

In my opinion, your example of wolves and sheep doesn't hold water because
we are all Americans (man, woman, young, old). Our country was founded on
the very personal beliefs of freedom and democracy of several "founding
fathers." It has grown considerably since then but the idea of freedom and
democracy still holds true. Either all people have a voice in this decision
or not.

Regarding the rich, I am not an elitist and I don't believe in royalty,
either through bloodline or material wealth. I don't feel it's right to pay
our hard earned money to support a corrupt government. I have no love for
the politician who lives high on the hog with our money. Why do they get to
live as kings? We the people are the soul, the blood and sweat of this
nation and the politicians are OUR servants, not vice versa. So, let the
people decide.

Dan