 Off-Topic / Debate / 11873
  Re: Flag Burning

(...) Are you saying, in essence (in this thread, and, like all of us, across many other threads), that you want to preserve, for example, your Constitutionally-enumerated right to bear arms, but you want to curtail someone else's (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Flag Burning

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:GGq2pA.GDv@lugnet.com... (...) American flag is (...) little of (...) to do so. (...) across (...) curtail (...) And <snip> (...) No, Tom states that he thinks does not agree with people who (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Flag Burning

(...) Well, mine was a somewhat rhetorical question, though not obviously so. However, he (Tom, I apologize for addressing you in 3rd person this way, but we're working with our interpretations of your post, rather than your input--please feel free (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Flag Burning

(...) It's exactly the same. And there are Americans who feel both of those sentiments. That's one of the things that makes/made us strong. Chris (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Flag Burning

(...) You drumbeater! 8^) Still, can we agree that an apparent tension between believing that someone has a right to do something and also believing that that person should LEAVE to do that something elsewhere? Dave! (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)