 Off-Topic / Debate / 11635
    Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment) —Scott Arthur
   (...) As I cycle to work, cars do not screech around corners. Buildings do not explode. But I am sure that behind a couple of doors a husband is beating a wife. A dad is beating his kids. A mother may be beating her kids too. The reality is that (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment) —Duane Hess
   (...) It might be a way to curb that type of violence, yes. So why not show that type of violence in movies? Get it out in the open. Don't hide it from your children. Allow them to see the violence and have a chance to understand that it is wrong (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment) —Scott Arthur
   (...) Because, I expect, people do not want to know. Domestic violence exists, but too many in society turn a blind eye. (...) Was it a few months ago - Is that the guy who did not wear a helmet? (...) I do not believe that parents always know best. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment) —Duane Hess
   (...) Now why is that I wonder? Get it out in the open. It wasn't too long ago that homosexuality (for an example) was socially taboo for subject matter. Now people tend to take it as a matter of course. I beleive that the media had a huge hand in (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment) —Scott Arthur
   (...) Either do I, but I intend to be a good parent. But I am glad the safety ne is there to protect kids... not just my own. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)