 Off-Topic / Debate / 11465
Re: Pork chops anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 02:54:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Warning, not for the squeamish:

http://www.peta.org/pubs/at/a299/pigcase.html

That's a little better, thanks.

I support investigation of this and prosecution if warranted. There are laws
on our books against this sort of thing and they need to be enforced.

PETA alleges this is pervasive and endemic, (which I'm not convinced they
have shown, per se, although it is telling indeed if they are able to pick
an operation randomly and find it, let them do it 10 times more) and the
only solution is to stop eating meat entirely. Even if it is pervasive, I'm
not sure I agree with that conclusion, I'd advocate vigorous enforcement of
our anti cruelty laws first and see if the pervasiveness (endeminicity??)
can be changed.

++Lar