 Off-Topic / Debate / 11334
Re: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:52:39 GMT

I'm very confused.

Chris:
Neither the lion nor the wildebeest is concerned with
morality.  It is an action completely without moral regard.  It is
therefore amoral.  But not immoral.

Scott:
I agree.

Larry:
Sounds like you agree, then: animals are amoral.

Scott:
No, it sounds like you are puuting words in my mouth.

Scott, please clarify. What *is* your position? Or is it merely whatever
Larry is *not*?

Thanks, Dave.I think this pretty beautifully illustrates the fundamental
difference between Scott and myself, and between our debating styles.
(charitably extending the term in one case)

If you mean you avoid the point(1), and I don't - I agree.

And it may illustrate why it irks me greatly when people equate us as well.

People are always welcome to urge me to ignore him, it's great advice, but
as soon as they say "and there's no difference between the two of you" they
can pretty much count on my tuning them out, as they no longer have standing
with me to comment on it.

This sounds almost threatening. You must be pretty thin skinned Larry. Do
you keep a little black book of all of those who "no longer have standing"
with you, or do you use voodoo dolls?

Scott A

(1) Like you did here with ROSCO's 3 questions:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=11325

++Lar