 Off-Topic / Debate / 11037
  Gasohol?

Time for a new topic. Is anyone else as sick of Bush as I am? That man's head is stuck so far up the ass of industrial interests it scares me. I can't imagine what asinine BS that jerk is going to pull next. All I know is that it is SURE to hit my (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

Just move to Canada. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes: Snip (...) ADM, just about my least favorite corporation. I don't know what I hate worse, their welfareism, or their smarmy ads on the sunday talking head shows about their goshdarn good for the world (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

Boy, that's an even scarier "solution"! I'll get fed up with Kalifornia sooner or later. It would probably be safest to move to Texas at this point, because if GW screws with his home state, he's liable to not live out the year (some of those (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

Ignoring the total net energy balance, here's another load of crap you can vent on if you wish: The EPA says 15% ethanol gasohol gets no worse mpg than 0% ethanol gasoline. Anyone with a brain can look up the BTU/lb output of ethanol and quickly (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

Snip most of it (...) Me either. A number of relatives on my wife's side are farmers (corn in MI, dry wheat in Colorado, etc.) and I really really feel bad for the US farmer, he has been seriously messed with for 70+ years now. ++Lar (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) Gee, thanks =p (ok, ok, so our dollar sucks. But otherwise it's not bad here!) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) It looks like Bush is going to have to "steal" to give you your $600 afterall! See here: (URL) A (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) Er, I realize that I'm jumping into this 2 months later, but why does she refuse to go anywhere near Texas? james (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

GOOOOD question. I've tried to convince her that TX is a really big state, it's not ALL high heat/desert, but she just doesn't want to move there. Then again, long ago, I said I'd never live in 3 states: PA - smog laws are almost as bad as CA, and (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) the Republicrats all around, but at least the Democrats tax-and-spend, instead of Republican borrow-and-spend (or "spend and borrow") tactics. At least with the former we feel the consequences right away and aren't fooled into supporting the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) Which smog laws, out of curiosity? I know in some sections of the state they don't even inspect cars for emissions. By the way--that (of all things ) is a pretty goofy reason not to live in PA (not that you really *need* a reason to choose not (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

If you were as heavily into cars as I was, it would be plenty of reason. The hoops I have to jump through to get my main car to pass smog are insane in California. In just about any other state, all they care about is tailpipe emissions (the only (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) Truly! I'm surprised to learn that the law says otherwise in PA. Could you indicate a specific other-than-tailpipe law in PA? You've really gotten me curious about this. Dave! (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

I can't remember the laws offhand, as it has been over 5 years since I lived there, but I remember seeing some insanely stupid traffic laws on the books. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support | Netscape Communications Corp | A (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) Heh. Not just traffic laws. In any case, I think some of the smog laws may have relaxed since you were here, but I can't confirm that. I'll have to do a little looking to see what I can find out. Dave! (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) Well, it often seems to be all high heat, but it's definitely not all desert (in fact, around here, its often more all swamp.) james (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gasohol?

(...) I had the same problem with the UK press too when Bush came to power. But, so far, he has demonstrated the ability to prove his critics correct. On a basic level, he does make great entertainment. I loved the shots of him the other day playing (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)