 Off-Topic / Debate / 12315
Re: Gasohol?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:07:06 GMT

If you were as heavily into cars as I was, it would be plenty of reason.  The
hoops I have to jump through to get my main car to pass smog are insane in
California.  In just about any other state, all they care about is tailpipe
emissions (the only thing that SHOULD matter), which I pass fine.  In CA, if it
doesn't LOOK stock, you generally fail.

Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

Then again, long ago, I said I'd never live in 3 states:
PA - smog laws are almost as bad as CA, and some of the laws there are
insanely stupid

Which smog laws, out of curiosity?  I know in some sections of the state
they don't even inspect cars for emissions.
  By the way--that (of all things ) is a pretty goofy reason not to live in
PA (not that you really *need* a reason to choose not to live somewhere, of
course...)

     Dave!