 Off-Topic / Debate / 11007
Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:39:59 GMT

On the attack again, Daniel?

I haven't attacked anyone, Larry. Telling someone to "mind their tone" is
hardly an attack. And I didn't call Tom's notions or opinion ridiculous or
any other thing. If you want to play games and jump and nitpick what I say,
twist it to mean something else, that's your loss. You choose to interpret
my posts in a negative way because of your negative bias toward me. If the
same words came from Frank Filz or Christopher Weeks or anyone else, I'm
sure your response (if any) would be favorable.

Calling something a ridiculous notion is hardly
an insult, it's just a characterization of the notion itself. The very idea
that someone might find fault with something you say gets to you, doesn't
it? Here I thought we'd gotten you relatively calmed down again. Oh well.

Who is "we"? In my opinion, you act this way because you can, hiding behind
your computer and living some sort of fantasy. That's fine, but I'm not
rolling over and becoming a part of this little on-line club you seem to be
trying to create. You and me have views which we mostly agree on, perhaps
for different reasons, and a few views here and there that we disagree on.
As far as finding fault in what I say, I am happy to listen. But there were
so many ways that Tom could have asked the same thing, he chose a caustic
approach and I'm not impressed. If you want to help, let Tom speak for
himself and let us work this out. Stop looking for opportunities to kick the
sand in my face.

Dan