 Off-Topic / Debate / 11006
Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 17:38:55 GMT

Daniel Jassim wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

Daniel Jassim wrote:
Everything that has ever happened or will ever happen with mankind has taken
place on this tiny, blue world. Since we all must share this one small world
for the next billion years,

Where do you get this ridiculous notion from?  Are you SERIOUSLY going to tell me you
think we'll never get off this planet in the next billion years?
I suppose you believe we haven't really been to the moon already?

Ridiculous? What gives with the insults, Tom? Have I done something wrong to
you? Mind your tone and read it again. "Everything that has ever happened or
will ever happen with mankind" as in everything we do begins here on this
planet. This is our home, our starting point for any step we will take, even
across space and time. Everything begins here in our heads, our hearts and
on our planet.

Sorry you decided to infer it another way.

I think you need to read your own wording.

"Since we all must share this one small world for the next billion years"

Those are YOUR words.  Do you seriously believe this?  Can you be so pessimistic about our
progress as to think we'll still be stuck on this one planet a billion years from now?
(seeing the below, no, but you sure picked rotten wording).

It's not an insult to say that that's ridiculous, I'd say it's a more realistic look at
the universe.  A billion years from now, we'll either not even remember Earth, or we'll be
LONG dead (which you seem to at least somewhat agree with below).

Dan, you seem to take everything that doesn't agree with you as an insult.  So I'll say
this in the nicest way, knowing you'll take it as an insult anyways - maybe you need to
see a therapist, you have issues.

But who knows if mankind will
even last that long and if our planet will survive US as well comets,
meteors and nearby supernovas. I don't assume we'd be abondoning our dear
home unless it became severly uninhabitable. But I never said or tried to
suggest that we'd never get off this planet.

"Everything that has ever happened or will ever happen with mankind has taken place on
this tiny, blue world. Since we all must share this one small world for the next billion
years"

Then you need to learn how to type clearer.  Or are you expecting me to read your mind, or
the paragraphs contained within the microdots on the periods that make it all clearer?
(Go look it up, WW2, Nazis, spy documents, etc, etc (it's a joke, dammit, periods can't
HAVE microdots on electronic postings, at least not on Lugnet, not yet)).

Is there a point to these insults? Am I supposed to be impressed?

Impressed?  No.  I could care less what you think.  I'm tired of you, you're almost as
annoying as Scott.  All you do is whine about the evils of the US, and then if someone
actually replies to your posts, you cry about insults.

In fact, I think I've seen you type that exact phrase "Is there a point to these insults?
Am I supposed to be impressed?" before (to me, in fact, if not also others) - have you got
it macroed, as a way to try to stave off people trying to call out some of the material
you post in here?

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/