 Off-Topic / Debate / 11010
Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 19:31:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
I think you need to read your own wording.

"Since we all must share this one small world for the next billion years"

Those are YOUR words.  Do you seriously believe this?  Can you be so pessimistic about our
progress as to think we'll still be stuck on this one planet a billion years from now?

You're taking this further and further away from the reality of what I wrote
and choosing a negative interpretation. If you can't see that, that's your
problem, not mine. You could have picked so many ways to address my comment,
but you chose a flippant and accusatory approach. In my opinion, you have no
sense of diplomacy or manners.

(seeing the below, no, but you sure picked rotten wording).

Your opinion.

It's not an insult to say that that's ridiculous, I'd say it's a more realistic look at
the universe.  A billion years from now, we'll either not even remember Earth, or we'll be
LONG dead (which you seem to at least somewhat agree with below).

I never said any different, you are interpreting it YOUR way for whatever
reasons you choose.

Dan, you seem to take everything that doesn't agree with you as an insult. •   So I'll say
this in the nicest way, knowing you'll take it as an insult anyways - maybe you need to
see a therapist, you have issues.

Whatever.

Then you need to learn how to type clearer.

And you need to learn better manners.

Or are you expecting me to read your mind, or
the paragraphs contained within the microdots on the periods that make it all clearer?
(Go look it up, WW2, Nazis, spy documents, etc, etc (it's a joke, dammit, periods can't
HAVE microdots on electronic postings, at least not on Lugnet, not yet)).

And the point of your sarcasm...?

Is there a point to these insults? Am I supposed to be impressed?

Impressed?  No.  I could care less what you think.  I'm tired of you, you're almost as
annoying as Scott.  All you do is whine about the evils of the US, and then if someone
actually replies to your posts, you cry about insults.

Your opinion. Try behaving as if we're talking face to face. I doubt you'd
use this tone with anyone in person. Certainly not with me.

In fact, I think I've seen you type that exact phrase "Is there a point to these insults?
Am I supposed to be impressed?" before (to me, in fact, if not also others) - have you got
it macroed, as a way to try to stave off people trying to call out some of the material
you post in here?

Learn some manners.

Dan