 Off-Topic / Debate / 10982
Re: Libertarian Propaganda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:08:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Gerber writes:

Waco was tragic. In a sense.

In a sense?  A bunch of people died for no good reason and most Americans don't
even care!  It is way more than tragic "in a sense."

Innocent
children died. Tragic events and the deaths of children happen each and
every day.

The kids are not the only tragedy.  The adults are too.  As is the fact that
such a miscarriage of justice could take place in the United States at all.
And worst of all is the fact that people like you don't even care.

Was the government to blame?

Yes!

Or were their parents who had
involved them in the first place?

Only to the same extent that a parent is to blame when their child dies in an
automobile accident that wasn't their fault.  A truck (the feds) hit a Honda
(the Branch Davidians) head on while the Honda was in its own lane doing its
own thing...and you're suggestin that it was the driver of the Honda's fault.
Bull!

Or was Koresh? Doesn't matter now...does it?

Yes, it most certainly does.  It is not too late to punish the murderers.
Legally even.

McVeigh could have kept his actions peaceful...instead he caused another
tragedy, and tragedy + tragedy = 0.

I certainly agree that he shouldn't have done what he did.  But I'm not
convinced that peace is always the way to go.

Should he have been executed? It's the
law of the land...he knew that before he started planning the bombing. The
Branch Davidians knew the laws also. They made their choices, and you can't
place the blame for that on anyone but them.

Horseshi<gag, muffle, muffle>!  They didn't do anything wrong.

Chris