 Off-Topic / Debate / 10911
Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:29:15 GMT

I think, stated that way, it's a fair enough (but not particularly
important) question. I don't know "the answer" but I advanced my theory already.

  I accept that you don't think it's important, and I accept also your
assertion that you would be willing to have society "start from scratch"
(ie: with everyone truly equal) if it meant that Libertopia could be realized.

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=10417

  In that way, you concretely separate yourself from the general perception
of the LP, so your views shouldn't necessarily be lumped in with those of
the party at large.
  However, the question of demographic skewing *is* important to the LP
unless its members wish to preserve its status as a non-contender in the
national arena.  Whether or not anything inherent in the party estranges
non-white-males, the perception of the LP is that it does estrange
non-white-males.  Perception, in politics like so much else, is much more
persuasive than assertions of "wait and see and it'll all work out."

To wit: Long term benefit to society may not always be visible to all members.

  Lacking any solid evidence to support it, this assertion is rhetorically
identical to the doctrine that God allows us to suffer because He loves us,
but we can't see the whole picture.

     Dave!