 Off-Topic / Debate / 10912
Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:49:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Shiri Dori writes:

Please don't attack me on demographics, etc. (well, feel free to attack me on
anything, but I doubt I'll respond to that kind of reply).

Shiri, you're a woman--you have no place in a discussion of white male
rule.  Take off your shoes and return to the kitchen, please.

(the preceding draconian chauvinism was brought
  to us on the basis that Shiri has repeatedly
  demonstrated her ability to take (as well as
  give) a joke)  8^)

So, in my opinion:
rich --> want less government
poor --> want more government

  You're paraphrasing G K Chesterton, who observed that "The poor object to
being governed badly, while the rich object to being governed at all."  It's
basically a difference of "I'm badly enough off already; don't make it worse
by bad government" vs. "I'm doing very well for myself; don't screw it up by
presuming to govern me."

    Dave!