 Off-Topic / Debate / 10590
    Re: A Jeffers factoid or two —Scott Arthur
   I hear what you are saying Larry. I few months ago I would have agreed. However, now that Bush is in power I am not so sure. Events last week show that perheps there is a difference between the the big 2: (URL) may well have saved the US $60bn tax (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: A Jeffers factoid or two —Maggie Cambron
   (...) It's funny how around election time the differences were minimized, but once Bush was safely ensconced in the White House he felt free to push his right wing agenda. On the whole I think it is true that because of the realities of getting (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: A Jeffers factoid or two —Dave Schuler
   (...) An undeniable truth about this, though, is that the Democratic Party is more likely to court moderate, center-leaning republicans than it is to try to embrace the far-left fringe. Another unfortunate truth is that a vote for Nader was very (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: A Jeffers factoid or two —Maggie Cambron
   (...) Yes, and since there are a lot more voters in the center, in some ways I can't blame the Democrats for choosing to court them, pragmatist that I am. (...) Yes also, and lest you think that all Greens voted for Nader in November, some of the (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)