 Off-Topic / Debate / 10576
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 13:11:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher Tracey writes:

Here's a concrete real-world example that may work for working through
this:
Monarch Butterfies are increasingly threaten with extinction in the...

The habitat degradation has economic roots which would allow us to
develop try to develop a market-based or 'anything-else-based' approach
to solving this problem.

At the end of the article you pointed us to they suggest leasing or buying the
land...so why not?  This one seems kind of easy.  Everyone who wants to protect
the monarchs bucks up a little bit and buys the 14 (or whatever) sites where
they overwinter.

In the north where they spend the summer, buy up the land, place covenants
that would protect the monarchs on it and subdivide and develop to whatever
extent that can be done.  Form a builder called Monarch Homes or something and
sell the houses or whatever with that niche in mind.

Sea issues seem much harder.

Chris