 Off-Topic / Debate / 10600
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 02:59:52 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
At the end of the article you pointed us to they suggest leasing or buying the
land...so why not?  This one seems kind of easy.  Everyone who wants to protect
the monarchs bucks up a little bit and buys the 14 (or whatever) sites where
they overwinter.

I think there is a major push to buy up many of the sites in Mexico.

In the north where they spend the summer, buy up the land, place covenants
that would protect the monarchs on it and subdivide and develop to whatever
extent that can be done.  Form a builder called Monarch Homes or something and
sell the houses or whatever with that niche in mind.

This is largely what I expected we would come up.  I'm all for
protecting as many species/ecosystems as we can in developed/developing
areas but, and I may be taking your idea to far(1), but what about
setting up large reserves that will remain undeveloped for the species?

Sea issues seem much harder.

definately.

-chris

1- and i apologize if i did