 Off-Topic / Debate / 10357
    Re: Rolling Blackouts —Mark Sandlin
   (...) I'm not interested in having a contest with people from California to see whose bill is worse. My point is that it's absurd that my power bill is double when it's not even my state that's having the power crisis. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) My bill is worst of all. It's the only one that I have to pay for. :-) (...) But why should a power company sell you power for less than it could sell it to me for? Just because it's located in your state? I think the power from a particular (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) Of course your state is having a power crisis. Market forces. California is offering more money to the independent power companies than you are. What do you expect them to do, sell it to you for less than they can make? So, you have to pony up (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Rolling Blackouts —Mark Sandlin
     (...) Here's a news flash: I already *DO* conserve. we're very careful to limit our usage, and our power bills still keep skyrocketing. The BIG (have politicians in their back pockets) COMPANIES in the area get rate cuts when they conserve, but I (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Mark Papenfuss
   (...) lol, sorry if I came across like that, I was just wishing that mine was not as high as it is. I have a one bedroom apt, so I know my bill is less than many others, so I do feel lucky for that. (...) True, but your state will follow soon, Cali (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Rolling Blackouts —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Naw, he want's oil prices to skyrocket. You (okay, the American people rejected him, but there he is) elect oilmen, what do you expect? When re-election time comes, he's going to find out all those California businesses that saw their profits (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)