 Off-Topic / Debate / 10368
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 15:04:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
in article GD3qyy.EpI@lugnet.com, mfuss903 wrote:

Wow, only double? You are lucky its only double, before all this my higest
bill was $55 for one month, now the cheapest one I have gotten recently was
over $150!! ARG! And of course they want to sell to us, they are getting
rich doing so.

I'm not interested in having a contest with people from California to see
whose bill is worse. My point is that it's absurd that my power bill is
double when it's not even my state that's having the power crisis.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

Of course your state is having a power crisis.  Market forces.  California
is offering more money to the independent power companies than you are.
What do you expect them to do, sell it to you for less than they can make?
So, you have to pony up more also or start conserving (which Californians
are actually pretty good at doing).  If you pony up more, that means
Californians have to do the same again, and on and on until one side decides
they have to cut back somehow on their energy use.  Who has room to
cut-back?  Who can fork over the most?

Get used to conserving.  The sooner you do it, they cheaper everyone's bill
will be.  :-O

Or have your state control the means of production.  :-)

Bruce