 Off-Topic / Debate / 10382
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 19:01:54 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd at corsair@schlickbernd.org wrote:

Get used to conserving.  The sooner you do it, they cheaper everyone's bill
will be.  :-O

Here's a news flash: I already *DO* conserve. we're very careful to limit
our usage, and our power bills still keep skyrocketing. The BIG (have
politicians in their back pockets) COMPANIES in the area get rate cuts when
they conserve, but I get Jack S***, and Jack left town.

We keep our usage to a minimum, we have four kinds of recycle bins in the
back yard, and we drive two fuel-efficient Hondas. I carpool to work, and if
there was a train (I voted for it 8 years ago, where is it?) or a bus that
was feasible to use, I would do that. (I'd rather do that anyway, with all
the traffic.)

Pardon me if I feel a *tiny* bit entitled to whine as I drive down the
street observing all the CAR LOTS with ALL their lights on or maybe the FAST
FOOD signs lit up along the avenue, or when I come to work (Boeing) and ALL
THE LIGHTS are still turned on (as opposed to maybe turning off every other
light)

I'm trying real hard to do my share, but I still see plenty of waste
everywhere I look. :^P

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations