 Off-Topic / Debate / 10320
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 09:40:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Selçuk Göre writes:
The experts say that it is just a false propaganda to encourage nuclear
energy plants, in which the same governors would have huge amounts of
*profit*, I'm sure.

That's precisely my point, except as regards the U.S. government.

Believe it or not, Americans are naive enough to think themselves immune to
the kind of corruption and nonsense that takes place elsewhere, frankly, ALL
OVER THE WORLD!  I think the U.S. is corrupt up to the eyeballs, its just
well-concealed and at a much higher cost to the buyer.  What I mean is that
you can buy a cop here just as easily as in Mexico, its just that in Mexico
it might only cost you $20-50 bucks depending on the pretended
offense...here it's a seller's market...

...but don't get me wrong, I love the U.S. -- it has the best government
money can buy!

-- Hop-Frog