 Off-Topic / Debate / 10251
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 07:27:39 GMT

Hi Shiri,

Alsalaam aleikum! Shalom! I genuinely appreciate the olive branch. :)

I try not to generalize, but I'm guilty of trying a few shortcuts in my last
post. It seems I unwittingly made a point about generalizations because
most, dare I say all, of what the American media spews about Arabs and
terrorism are generalizations. The slant is 99.9% pro-Zionist and the dirty
facts of the creation of Israel and the Israeli brutality is conveniently
hidden from the general American public.

I have tried my best to present the facts about the Zionist invasion and
occupation of Arab lands (Arab Jews, Christians and Moslems). I will not
deny that Arabs have carried out violence against Israeli soldiers and
civilians. But nobody can deny that the Israelis put themselves there
through brutal force and have killed or crippled thousands upon thousands of
Arab civilians.

You've probably heard of the "chocolate bar" -- an interesting explosive
material (like napalm) that's disguised in a "Hershey" style wrapper. It's
convenietly left behind by Israeli soldiers so that a Palistinian kid will
find it, open it and BOOM! one less rock thrower. Unfortunately, he or she
usually survives but has to live without hands or a face. Yep, a former
Israeli soldier told me about that, said it was an old Nazi trick.

As I said before, the rules of engagement in war limit the fighting to
soldiers. If one side chooses to target civilians, expect the other side to
do the same, including targeting the countries that support Israel. I don't
agree with violence, but I can clearly see who is being stepped on, who is
doing the stepping and who is supplying the boots.

If the Israelis truly want peace, they cannot beat on someone for decades
then tell them "let's talk this out." They cannot pretend to be generous
about "giving land" which they undeniably took by force from the
Palistinians. They cannot pretend to be "God's people" when they
discriminate against Arab Jews and round up, torture and murder Arab
"suspects" without due legal process in their country (or, for that matter,
even in accordance with the Geneva Convention).

I believe in the brotherhood of Jews and Moslems, but the Zionists have
ruined it. They've demonstrated their greed and lack of respect for human
rights. How can anyone believe that the Israelis want peace when the
occupation, bulldozing and construction continues?

GREED! It's obvious that they want "peace" because the unrest is making Jews
pull out and other Jews are unwilling to immigrate or even visit. Lot's of
tourism $$$ going down the drain. They were hoping to cash in on the "New
Havana" they'd created on the Mediterranean but the natives keep getting
restless.

The only way there will be peace in the Middle East is if the greedy
Zionists PACK UP AND GO HOME, back to Poland, back to Russia, back to
Germany, back to New York, and so on. Give the Arabs back their land and
leave them in peace.

Dan