 Off-Topic / Debate / 10245
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 02:53:16 GMT

*Which* invader?

Let's see... how about: The phoenicians, the egyptians, the greeks, the
romans, the crusaders, the turks, the french, the british. There have been
so many, no one has clear title.

But you obviously favor the Israelis, right? Okay, let's consider the
Zionist story regarding Israel as the "home of the Jews" and their claim to
distant Semetic bloodlines (fraudulent, by the way). Considering Judaism is
a Semetic religion and Arabs are Semetic, the Palistinians would have the same
"rightful" title to the land as any "Jew." And as I've told you before,
Palistinians are Jews, Christians and Moslems. So, who are the invaders?

The zionists just stepped into the area that the british gave them...

(ahem)...that the British stole from the Arabs...

And since they are better fighters than their opponents...

(ahem)...since the Soviets backed them with serious firepower...

the first few times they were jumped...

(ahem)...when the Arabs fought back...

they took territory away from the countries that jumped them rather than losing.

(ahem)...they escalated the invasion by occupying other countries, despite
numerous U.N. resolutions (still in effect to this day).

You are misinformed and you SHOULD CARE what's going on there. If I'm not
mistaken, your last name sounds Polish. Was Poland not invaded by the Nazis,
then the Russians?

You got 2 out of about 15 invaders (the last two, granted). But why drag my
ethnicity into it? (half Polish, half German) If you don't want to say what
yours is, what's the relevance of mine?

I merely wanted to appeal to any sense of empathy you might have. I thought
you could identify with the down-trodden by reminding you of your roots.
You'd be a better person to believe in the injustice that's taking place and
not take the wrong side.

I am an Arab. I don't kill anyone, I don't assult anyone, I don't even own a
gun and I have no criminal record (not even a traffic offense). In fact, if
you research crime statistics in America, you'll find that Arabs are among
THE MOST law abiding citizens of America. Yet, since I was a boy, my Arab
ethnicity earned me so much grief in this country that I eventually changed
my name. So, when I hear a man as yourself sprouting invalid opinions (i.e.
PLO is "far worse"), I feel it is my moral obligation to tell you the truth
so there's at least one less Zionist puppet in the world.

I'm not standing on either side, thanks.

Don't kid yourself, Larry, you've made it clear from the beginning who's
side you are on. I have given you fact after fact to the contrary, why be so
stubborn?

There are other fights closer to home that I consider more important. Saying >one side is worse than the other is NOT "supporting the other side".

YES IT IS when it's an opinion gleaned from LIES not FACTS! This IS close to
home because America pours billions of our tax dollars to support the
oppressive Israeli government, guilty of countless human rights and
international law violations! This IS close to home because the blatantly
pro-Zionist media continually dehumanizes Arabs and portrays them as
"swarthy" villians and tricksters in movies, TV shows and video games. Is
this the image you want your children to grow up with? Will my son also be
beaten and called "camel jockey" like his dad?

Have it your way, my dear friend. You are right, the Israelis just want to
live in peace and didn't do anything to deserve those dastardly attacks by
the PLO. The PLO is a terrorist group led by Yassir Arafat, who uses
children as terrorists. The Israelis have a right to live there because the
Bible says it's their home. By the way, the earth is flat, the moon is made
from cheese and stars are just pinholes in the curtain of night.

I respect your right to your opinions on the Middle East and I have no
intent, nor do I have any right, to suppress you. But I will continue to
exercise my right to debate whenever you express your opinions on this
matter. That is my promise to you!

Dan