 Off-Topic / Debate / 1019
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 15:27:39 GMT

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:
Hmmm... maybe it's neither an illness nor a lifestyle choice.

It's not an illness, probably genetic, and, in some cases, definitely a
choice.

I've known people who have "experimented" - for them it was definitely
a choice.  For all of the homosexuals I've personally known,
admittedly not many here in the heart of the South, it most certainly
has not been a choice.

Maybe homosexuals are just people, like the rest of us.

Well, isn't that the crux of the dilemma, that they are not *just* like us?
Here's my .02, for what it's worth.  I don't care if someone is homosexual,
I don't *want* to know.  So why do gays (some) have to *flaunt* it?  PDA,
rainbows on cars, why can't they just keep it to themselves?  I don't mean
in the closet, just out of my face (in public).  PDA among hetereos is
offensive, too.  Is that asking too much?

If you're truly just offended by PDA, then no, I don't think it is too
much.  I don't care to watch PDA either, at least PDA between adult
humans.  I think PDA between parent and child and owner and pet are
fine.

I'll admit that homosexual PDA does disturb me on a different level
than heterosexual PDA, but that's *my* problem.  I would guess
heterosexual PDA disturbs homosexuals in a similar way, but I could be
wrong.

Rainbows on cars?  Never really noticed them.  I think just about any
kind of bumper sticker or other decoration is pretty silly, so I don't
pay much attention to them except when I'm at a traffic light and have
nothing else to do.

I don't know.  Like I said, I don't care to look at PDA myself, but
when I see a man and woman embrace or kiss in a fairly non-excessive
way (something short of the makeout scene in Top Gun, for instance) I
don't want to run over to them and scream at them to get a room.  I
don't have to watch, after all.  I don't have to watch homosexuals
showing PDA either.

Losers driving around with super-duper bass blasting crappy music from
their cars and sharing it with everyone else bothers me a LOT more
than any kind of PDA, heterosexual or homosexual.  I'd like a license
to reach in and yank some wires out of cars driven by people like
that.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide