 Off-Topic / Debate / 10093
  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Very noble Larry. Perhaps you could tell us how this can be done? And what about state sponsored/enacted terrorism? Scott A (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Scott: I would turn the question around and ask how you would propose to achieve peace with the state sponsors of terrorism, when those same states have demonstrated irrefutably that they accept the destruction of innocent life as a valid (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Education. (...) It worked for a while in Spain. It is working in NI. It worked in south africa. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Please elucidate; such education as would seem to be necessary requires a fundamental restructuring of one side's world view, and can be perceived as colonial indoctrination by the restructured party. (...) Interesting, but I'm not convinced (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) All of this depends on our definition of "terrorist". The best example I can give us is George Washington. We see him as an American hero, a general who led soldiers against an oppressive British monarchy. Now, the British saw him as a (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)