 Off-Topic / Debate / 10093
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 07:56:53 GMT

Or are you saying that this is not true:
"Turkey and Israel are "free to take care of it". However,  both have a
history of ignoring human rights and murdering civilians in the process."

Okay, let's assume this is true.  It probably is.

My question is: so what?

Who comes to the table with clean hands?  When it comes time to talk of
peace there is usually blood on all sides.  No side is innocent.  No side is
able to speak from a standpoint of complete rightousness. To make peace you
have to respect the voices of all concerned -- even if they are the
terrorists or murderers.  At some point everyone has to agree to stop the
violence, or peace is impossible.

Where the fault is split 60-40 I think you're right.

But what if the fault is almost all on one side? (it's not 60-40 in this
case but it's not 99-1 either, so this is a hypothetical, I want to know
what you think) What then?

I come from the "never negotiate with terrorists" school of thought, and I
think there is a lot of merit in that approach. Terrorists need to be
apprehended and smacked down, not accomodated.

-d Lar

Very noble Larry. Perhaps you could tell us how this can be done? And what
about state sponsored/enacted terrorism?

Scott A