 Off-Topic / Debate / 10
Re: Special Boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 00:17:51 GMT

Richard wrote in message ...
What topics were covered in the original thread?  I remember some "young
earth" discussions, as well as a diversion into ICBMs.

There were the usual related flames, and then someone, as an aside
comment about the flames mentioned the young earth, and so started
the big young/old earth religion/science debate. It had 3 or four
other side topics, too, but I sadly cannot remember them. The ICBM
topic was pretty much the last one, when someone suggested that
Y2K problems (1)might result in disaster should the Russians not have
made adequate preparations for it. (I.e. how would the software react
if the computer on which it was running was told it was suddenly
100 years earlier? Launch all missiles!!!!) It also discussed
suggestions for utilising the Lego patent and up-scaling the bricks
for use in space, other worlds, using different materials.

It's still going over there.  They're talking about memory requirements in
computers or something.  It's slowly dying.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?
Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! http://www.multicon.de/fun/legofaq.html