 Off-Topic / Debate / *896 (-10)
  Re: Animal reproduction (was (of course?) Terms and Conditions Question)

(...) Actually, all animals have emotions. Mammals have much more sofisticated emotions than, say, lizards though. If the Discovery channel re-runs the show 'Why Dogs Smile and Chimpanzees Cry', check it out. It was extremely informative about the (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) What makes a criminal trial verdict clearly wrong? For instance with OJ: everyone I knew had an opinion, most of them thought he was guilty as hell and should fry, but a few were absolutely sure that he was innocent. So, he got off and (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) Yes, I am very aware of the impact that this would have. That is my point. (...) weapons (...) a (...) useless (...) from (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Wouldn't matter then. No one would be able to hear you over the THX sound system. ;) (...) Preserving some rights means restricting other rights. Right? Steve (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) That is my hope, belief, and aim. Steve (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) No, it is my belief that, in general, most criminals of the caliber likely to invade my home while I am there are neither stunningly intelligent or ambitious. As such, if guns are difficult to get a hold of, they are much less likely to have (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) So it is your belief that in areas with strict gun control laws criminals simply choose, out of fear of the law or something, to arm themselves with knives and baseball bats? (...) It would seem that your logic is completely faulty. It IS (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I've been trying to stay away from this thread, but I can't just let this slide by. I do not want to own a gun, but if I lived in an area where guns were commonly available (as in your suggestion above), I would likely need to get one. Why? (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) No problem - it's just easier to follow if I don't have to hunt back down the thread to figure out if I'm remembering something correctly. (...) Granted. I was, however, thinking at a level even more esoteric than this: both walking and sex (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Of course if one got down to it, one could make a constitional issue of it since the Bill of Rights specifically indicates that it is not the sole enumeration of rights. It is an enumeration of the rights (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact