 Off-Topic / Debate / *891 (-10)
  Re: New Web Page

(...) No, it is my belief that, in general, most criminals of the caliber likely to invade my home while I am there are neither stunningly intelligent or ambitious. As such, if guns are difficult to get a hold of, they are much less likely to have (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) So it is your belief that in areas with strict gun control laws criminals simply choose, out of fear of the law or something, to arm themselves with knives and baseball bats? (...) It would seem that your logic is completely faulty. It IS (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I've been trying to stay away from this thread, but I can't just let this slide by. I do not want to own a gun, but if I lived in an area where guns were commonly available (as in your suggestion above), I would likely need to get one. Why? (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) No problem - it's just easier to follow if I don't have to hunt back down the thread to figure out if I'm remembering something correctly. (...) Granted. I was, however, thinking at a level even more esoteric than this: both walking and sex (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Of course if one got down to it, one could make a constitional issue of it since the Bill of Rights specifically indicates that it is not the sole enumeration of rights. It is an enumeration of the rights (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) A comment to add to this: A gun owner has total control over his weapon. A dog owner has incomplete . Either means of protection is subject to serious abuse by irresponsible owners. Of course a responsible (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

<snip> (...) I think this point comes close to getting at why folks are a little leery of semi-automatic and automatic weapons so readily available. Because most of the population is *not* as responsible and conscientious about using their weapons (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) Sorry my mistake - however we don't lose posts like on USENET - I must be getting lapse. <Stuff snipped about ill and walking> (...) Walking can be done on your own, coitus cannot. Sex is an intimate thing between 2 people originally for (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) As I said above A and B could be the same place, displacement = 0. (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) The main beef I have with foreigners is that, for the most part, their money is prettier than ours. Who the hell picked green as the color of money? (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact