 Off-Topic / Debate / *8421 (-5)
  Re: Is space property?

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) believe, (...) seem (...) As an atheist, here is my take on human rights: Rights are, as far as I can tell, a human social construct, a "base-level" set of behavioural rules that originate from (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is space property?

(...) and (...) will (...) I've been thinking about this. I have at various times thought that rights are: A) immutable truths based on the nature of our humanity, B) make believe, C) legal constructs saying what we can do, and D) fuzzy terms that (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Healthcare should be based on need?

In: (URL) said <very heavily snipped down to one sentence...> (...) Well, I responded at the time that I didn't think I agreed. I didn't go into a lot of detail on why, because this has been debated at length in the past. At great great great (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is space property?

(...) Well, yeah, that's the central concept, isn't it? If you're trying to apply and extend a concept but you don't really know what it is to start with, muddle will result. (The irony is that you're trying to go into space when it is grounding (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) Which means the rest of us can get the last word? :-) I think it is extremely important to be carefull when making mun of something in the middle of a heated debate that it is clear that you are making fun. That was not at all clear (and there (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact