 Off-Topic / Debate / *7101 (-10)
  Re: Electoral College

(...) Well to my understanding much of this is handled at a state level. I know Maine and one other state split votes based on congressional districts. The rest of the states its an all or nothing afair with about half the states binding the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Electoral College

This will probably turn into a debate... Where are the guidelines of the Electoral College written? I checked the Constitution, and while it mentions a little about each state having representative electors in the same numbers as congressmen, it (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) You're absolutely right! Some of us want that law overturned! ;^ Anyway, I'm not trying to start an abortion debate...only making my voice heard. James (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's All Over...

(...) The system the way it is set up (winner takes all - I'm refering to virtually all political elections in the U.S.) encourages just two parties, and the blandifying of positions. Say the Green party gains momentum and strips liberal votes away (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) a (...) lol (...) I doubt it results in an "accumulation of personal wealth". Additionally, I'm not yet at the stage where I'm copyrighting brick combinations ;-) (...) NEED (...) I'm not sure what you point is, so I can't answer Larry. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Harry Browne

Sorry Larry, Its been so long since I posted, I forgot my netiqutte. Thanks for the reply. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Try here: (URL) view the signature block of the original email, reproduced here for your convenience (from the post of mine that you quoted in its entiriety): (...) ++Lar (who is happy that voters approved 6 of 8 anti drug war proposals: (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Harry Browne

Plus as what I have heard from Harry Browne concerning this. It is possible for the president to make presidential orders invloving military, criminals, how the White House and various agencies are run. He could and would free (pardon) all (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

I voted for the exact same reason. I am sorry to say Harry Browne fared worse this year than he did 4 years ago. however, that is probably due to the closeness of the race, and the fear instilled by the cnadidates, members of the media, of what (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: From Harry Browne

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:G3nsGC.IpB@lugnet.com... (...) Unless you go all the way!! (...) the (...) then (...) constitution (...) While I have often thought you might be right, and with the minimal support of (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact