 Off-Topic / Debate / *591 (-5)
  Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Quite the opposite actually - when there are more buyers than sellers, you have a sellers market. Sellers have the upper hand. Its a fairly elementary concept. (...) speak (...) people". (...) To quote one of (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Banana Wars.....

Latest thing to be banned, Lego.... (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: which threads, ethics (was: Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge)

(...) This is a specious argument as this is a real, actually used, and extremely valid auction format. I've done it myself as a buyer. Just as a seller's auction is good for scarce things, a buyer's auction is good for plentiful things. It is (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge

(...) Interesting. I'm glad you posted the dictionary definition, it warms this old pedant's heart to see argument from authority. :-) I see your reasoning, I think. In your view, either you're the organism (and an appendage of the organism is the (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge

(...) Well, in a free market your wants as a seller are somewhat secondary to the wants of the much larger group of buyers you want to do business with, aren't they? (...) I often like to flatter myself, thanks. And while I wouldn't presume to say I (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact