 Off-Topic / Debate / *3411 (-10)
  Re: Libertarian theory and altruism (was: some incorrectly spelled thing not worth repeating

(...) War is actually quite a good driver of economy. The Germans weren't doing all that bad financially. They robbed a hell of a lot of people to do it, though. "when they came for the homosexuals, I did not say anything, because I was not a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libitarian guff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) library, (...) were (...) set (...) that (...) not (...) I don't think so. My feeling is that the reason we have so much crime is that there are so many people who have little or nothing to lose, so the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Yes, we saw this in the 19th century coal-mine towns a lot. Isn't it more in corporations' interest to teach people that they have no rights, that they should submit to the will of The Company? (...) People may be inherently good, but there's (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian theory and altruism

I agree, let's put a pin in it for now. Let's start a new thread for that one. Until Todd fixes cnews, if we post in the thread where you discussed my life affirming post and agreed that initiating force is unacceptable, but didn't see the link to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) You mean there's a next stage? I started out with thinking it sounded better and better, than it slid into the phase you're describing. Jasper (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian theory and altruism (was: some incorrectly spelled thing not worth repeating

(...) Sometimes/usually. Not always. IOW: I can try. (...) Maybe, but would it be for the better? Or would the increased uncertainty in there being no government mean even more short-term thinking? (...) That would be a good thing. OTOH, in the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian theory and altruism (was: some incorrectly spelled thing not worth repeating

(...) You got me there, it DOES deliver on the predictability aspect (as long as the reich actually lasts 1000 years, and as long as the supreme leader isn't very whim driven). How does it do on the rest of the list? Rather more poorly, I'd venture. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) school (...) this, (...) Oh, I suspect the school system will end up getting just as much money. If nothing else, corporations will spend the money so that they can get trained workers (which is where the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian theory and altruism (was: some incorrectly spelled thing not worth repeating

(...) I'd rather you demonstrate to me why property is 1) a natural right and 2) the only natural right. Then we'll come back to this one. :) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian theory and altruism (was: some incorrectly spelled thing not worth repeating

(...) Authoritarian fascism. (Not that I'm comparing ANYTHING to Nazis, Jasper. *grin*) It's ALL regulated. 100% simple. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact