 Off-Topic / Debate / *26271 (-10)
  Re: You have got to be kidding me...

(...) Excuse me for lamely replying to my own post, but... I had another thought and that was that the Creationists of course take the belief of God as a fundamental truth of the universe much in the same way you accept the nose on your face. So, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:I5uC0L.1JF1@lugnet.com... (...) after (...) Greg Egan - born 1961. One of the best IMHO! (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: You have got to be kidding me...

(...) Ha ha ha, well, I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but the thought occurred to me that this almost seems to go into a realm related to Moral Relativism. Instead of seeing morals as relative, we are seeing the scientific evidence in (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: You have got to be kidding me...

(...) Yah, you see there. You are asking the questions that the government does not want answered. I learned a little bit of government thinking in that job, and they don't address issues like that. Yes, now that this has been publicized it is (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: MADE IN CHINA?!?!!?!?! that's IT Lego Re: Lego changes CEO...

(...) Just to think about how we're (USA) going to support the baby boom generation in retirement and that there are four times as many humans in China with little in the way of future generations to support those. Of course their family structure (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ?Quality Standards?

Snipped a lot of the post because I see much of it has been covered by others already. (...) ONE good thing about the EU is that this sort of anti-competitive chicanery is against EU rules. And sometimes the EU even actually does something about it. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: MADE IN CHINA?!?!!?!?! that's IT Lego Re: Lego changes CEO...

(...) Riii...iiight, and the majority of China's factory labor force is upper-middle class, university educated!?! Bad factory environments exist in much of the Global South, and China in no exception! Some generalizations are valid, simply because (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: You have got to be kidding me...

(...) Of course not. And you are correct that such projects are generally judged on merit. Personally I like the ones involving Near Death Experiences - although it should be noted in this case that this doesn't necessarily imply it's (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: You have got to be kidding me...

(...) Well since any crackpot out there can make up his/her own theories, the first step to gaining scientific credibility is to present the theory for peer review - typically by submitting an article to "the literature" journals. This allows for (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: You have got to be kidding me...

(...) No we won't! How dare you accuse us of that! :) (...) You may certainly buy a new one. However, if you're looking to return your Lucky Jackalope Foot, you'll have to demonstrate that it had, and then lost its powers. Or you might just need to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact