 Off-Topic / Debate / *24916 (-5)
  Re: Nike sued over a stick-man drawing?

(...) Would that be the "Law of $" theory? (...) I discovered a while back that they provide internet service outside of the US (specifically the UK, IIRC), so I no longer really consider the fact that non-Americans might not be familiar with them, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) As far as the state is concerned, the church doesn't, but the church does require itself to abide by the laws of the land. If the US government says gays can get married, it doesn't mean that the church would have to perform or even recognize (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) (URL) Found it>, or a case much like the one I was thinking of. Dave! (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:I15x8G.s77@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) member of (...) Atheism, (...) While there may not be a "Church of Atheism", I guarantee there are atheist clergy who can and do perform (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Not the right way to exit?

(...) I see your point and I agree. What is interesting, though, is the case of Germany and South Korea who, in essence, used US presence as "free" defense against Communism for about 50 years, so there is a precendent for this type of presence. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact