 Off-Topic / Debate / *21421 (-5)
  Re: Possession

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:HGuL5F.1xox@lugnet.com... (...) defeat fair (...) there is (...) I say DRM is bad because I just can't imagine a form of DRM that doesn't expand outwards away from the purposes outlined (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Possession

Tom: I found much of your post deeply interesting and thought provoking. Your idea of the giant archive/database is truly compelling and shows the enormous flaw in the many schemes that publishers are pursuing. Sure, the publishers are pursuing the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Hmmmmm, is it morbid just to like a big kaboom? I like the kaboom of fireworks. Admittedly, .22 are a simple crack, a 9mil is more of a bang, and you have to get into something bigger than that to even rate a boom much less a kaboom! But yes, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

Why would we say that? At least a few, if not many, US states have SHALL issue laws for CCW permits. Including my new home state, FL. File for a permit, pass a test, and they can't deny you the permit if you are not a felon or mentally unbalanced. (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

(...) No, I have read the ToS, twice, and I am sure it is not a violation. And I was sure the point of the internet was to connect all web pages anywhere in the world, and not to discourage doing so. (...) Freedom of speech. (...) What do I do? Go (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact