 Off-Topic / Debate / *156 (-5)
  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

Also sprach Steve Berry: : Christmas, like it or not folks, is a CHRISTIAN holiday. It exists because : Christ is the savior and this is the day we celebrate his birth. We don't : celebrate Christmas because of decorated trees, lights or over-weight (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

Steve Berry wrote in message ... (...) would. (...) in (...) Yes, it must have been originated as you mentioned, but today almost whole world celebrates it and give gifts to their firedns, and make holiday. aand this occurs regardles from any (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  lugnet.religion.flame

I just want to say how disappointed I am to see this conversation show up here. It happens in general discussion groups all over usenet; one crusader who won't hush until he makes everyone bow to his creator. Those of you who thought that lugnet (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

I guess that I have to speak up for Steve on this one..... Steve thanks for speaking out, you are not alone on the RTL ........ Jesus, he is the reason for the season......... George Sikora Steve Berry wrote in message ... (...) would. (...) in (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

Also sprach Steve Berry: : No offense, but could you be taking Larry's side on this because he comes : close to your own ideological stance on this issue? Or, is it because, as you : say, footnoting something divisive in a Trains newsgroup is o.k.? (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact