 Off-Topic / Debate / *14821 (-10)
  Re: Customs question...

(...) Nope. Because you still had to make the decision to say "no" to them :) And certainly they have the power to make you not have to *make* a decision by never even beginning to buy your product, but that doesn't affect your moral valuation, IE (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Customs question...

(...) I agree-- although I don't think I'd word it quite so :) But more or less, I think that's a fair assessment. (...) Well, given the above agreement that morality is aesthetic, who cares about what they think? We're talking about the person (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Medical Marijuana

(...) Why doesn't the Gov't legalize marijuana (et al) and simply tax it exorbitantly, like 80,000%, or something? I mean, the government *does* have the power to levy taxes, and that would seem to accomplish nominally the same thing. Dave! (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Customs question...

(...) I'm not sure. I guess my strongest notion about morality is that it's a bogus idea (like religion) designed to manipulate others into building a society that benefits certain people. (i.e. my sense of morality, had I one that I championed, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Conspiracy theories

(...) I haven't heard that, actually. Do you know of a web cite? On the other hand, the more recent Airbus crash in Queens did involve several debris sites for the tail rudder, the engines, and the main body. Dave! (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Conspiracy theories

(...) That honestly doesn't sound suspicious to me, since, had the US Gov't *not* purchased the exclusive rights, then the Taliban could easily have watched US troop movements; there's no reasonable way to conclude (but *speculation* is fair game) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Scott's too lazy to unsubscribe

(...) That's regrettable. It wasn't me though, you can be sure of that. You're close enough to my idea of a joke as it is without any external assistance required. (...) So you're too lazy or clueless to unsubscribe, then, but *not* too lazy to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Customs question...

(...) Your question is not valid. Post a valid one, and I'll do my best to answer it. That's the kind of guy I am. That's the kind of guy you are not. I thought it was thanksgiving? Should you not be spending time with your family? Scott A (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Medical Marijuana

(...) Yes. I think it is somebody’s idea of a joke. (...) No. (...) Does your supreme court agree with that view? I hear not. (...) Even if you are correct (I do not intend to check), your initial summary was misleading. Scott A (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Medical Marijuana

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:Gn8F85.3rD@lugnet.com... (...) Chemically induced Lego Dark ages? Lawrence (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact