 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 77 (-10)
  Re: Best-Lock samples

(...) That not true, at least of the Military sets. I've got "Attack Copters" and "Tactical Support" and both have large numbers of basic pieces. Best-Lock is somewhat like Ritvik's MegaBloks in that they get a lot of mileage out of a small stock of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock samples

Take a look at some of the sample images of Best-Lock sets at (URL) get a directory listing; click on the set sumbers to view.) There are some town sets, military, space (they look even more odd than Time Cruisers!), farm, castle and so on. I'd say (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Looking for ATCO, other building toys

So.. I'm searching for a new source for ATCO blocks, as everything seems to have dried up around here (Spokane, WA). Formerly, I could only find a few small sets at some independent pharamcies, and now I can can't find any. I've got one unopened set (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) Thanks for the encouragement. If I find someone to manufacture / distribute these blocks I'll let you know. Keith (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) Don't get me wrong -- I think you've got a *great* idea, and there will be die-hard builders who would love to get their hands on your product. :) Being able to connect Lego and K'nex opens up a lot of building possibilities. I'd love to build (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) Thanks for your input. I guess I was a little shy. Maybe when I start feeling a little more sure about this project, I'll post again (in this group) with more info. Keith (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) I think the problem is that your earlier post hid some important details. You should have mentioned: 1. You are developing a product to interconnect K'nex- and LEGO-style toys. 2. You are running two contests in regards to this development. If (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) I'd go with no, unless it has been posted more than once in the same group within a short period. The notion of an interconnect per se seems on topic for both a general group and for clone-brands. I think it's a fascinating topic and would (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) I thought I saw prices on your web page on the link that you posted. Maybe these were just the contest solicitations. In any case, if it's commercial in nature, and LEGO-related, it really belongs in the .market.buy-sell-trade group. And if (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) Todd: If it's spam, I apologize. To me, spam is an "unsolicited solicitation". By definition, I guess all newsgroup postings are "unsolicited". However, I'm not selling anything (yet). If no one likes the idea, I won't ever be, so maybe it's (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact