 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 622 (-10)
  Sticking it to Todd (was Re: Clones Database)

(...) Before Todd wears yet another hammering, a quick note in support, feel free to hunt me instead. Contrary to the culture of entitlement popular in the US (you know, I'm owed stuff just 'cause I'm here, ne'er-do-wells protesting 'I have rights' (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) It costs money to run a server. You wanna throw your own money at hosting content related to imitation brands, go right ahead. There are plenty of hosting services. (...) I agree. (...) I'm not against helping people find information about (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) One reason I would like to see a clone database hosted by Lugnet would so that it could have a consistent feel. Todd has gone to a lot of effort to produce a good set database engine, why squander that effort only on LEGO brand sets? If Todd (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) link to that. It doesn't need to be hosted on lugnet.com. (...) Me neither. (...) 152 by my count -- and 144 if you ignore the "Are you paying attention..." thread. But even if it were 1000 -- LUGNET is about LEGO(R) user groups and detailed (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

Yes, I agree with Dan. I think a link to an off-site database or clone portal would be very useful information. Even the rtl LEGO FAQ page had a section of clones information. (URL) no, I find no reason that the database or any other information (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Warning! This post praises MegaBloks...

Dave, I can see thsi piece breaking. You'd have to see it to fully understand, but I'll try to explain. The MB equivilant to to the 1x2 technic hole piece is a little different. In TLG's piece, you can fit the _small_ end into the hole and have it (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) but (...) Blimey, I make a humorous off-the-cuff comment in the Australia newsgroup and next thing I know it's all set to become World War 3 in other groups. Perhaps we should put a warning on the Australian newsgroup along the following lines (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) personally, I think there's no room for such a DB on lugnet. If you want to start up your own DB offsite, then perhaps Todd would put a link from off-topic.clones to your DB - but I don't think it should be on site. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Yep, my first bulk purchase was in the late 70s, so I was around 10 at the time. I still have a couple of accessory packs from that purchase, still unopened ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes: (snip) (...) My first bulk purchase was in 1986 or so, and was from the UK. Sampsonite here had a crummy selection!. I got, IIRC, 25 quid worth of lego, including the (brand new) double acting pnumatics, and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact